Abdullah Rahim is an Associate Fellow at Al-Mawrid. He began his studies in Islam by attending an Islamic Seminary on a part time basis for six years from 1985 where he studied classical Arabic, Logic, Jurisprudence (Fiqh) and Principles of Jurisprudence (Usuli Fiqh). During this time Abdullah also went through an intensive teaching programme on Islamic intrafaith discussions and participated in a number of live as well as internet based debates with some of the main Islamic schools of thought.
While continuing to study Islam on his own, from 2003 onwards Abdullah has had the advantage of having Moiz Amjad, one of the main students of Javed Ahmad Ghamidi, as his tutor and mentor for studying Islam. At this time he also started contributing as one of the main authors in answering questions on Islam at the Understanding Islam website (http://www.understanding-islam.org).
Since 2008 Abdullah has continued his study and research on Islam under the guidance of Javed Ahmad Ghamidi. He is carrying out a number of research projects for Al-Mawrid, including an analytical review of one of the main works of Mr. Ghamidi on the contents of Islam, Mizan, with the view to identify and discuss potential criticisms and counter arguments on the views expressed in the book.
Abdullah is the president of the Understanding Islam UK charity organisation (http://www.uiuk.org), an affiliate of Al-Mawrid, and is also serving as an academic advisor to the same organisation. He answers questions at the Al-Mawrid website and does online teaching at the Studying Islam website. His writings also appear in monthly renaissance journal, an organ of Al-Mawrid. Abdullah runs and delivers Quran study lectures and workshops in the UK. His main interest areas are Interpretation of the Qur’an, Study of Hadith (Takhreej) and Islamic Intrafaith Studies.
Abdullah is currently doing his Ph.D. on the subject of the Relationship between the Qur’an and Hadith in the UK. Abdullah also has a BSc and an MSc in Systems Engineering and a PhD in Organisational Analysis from Britain.
· Associate Fellow: Al-Mawrid Foundation for Islamic Research and Education
· President: Understanding Islam UK (affiliate of al-Mawrid)
· University Lecturer: Organisational Analysis
Areas of Research Interest:
· Interpretation of the Qur’an
· Hadith evaluation (Jarh – Ta’deel)
· Intra faith studies
· PhD student: Relationship between the Qur’an and Hadith, Britain
· Under the tutelage of Javed Ahmed Ghamidi and Moiz Amjad
· Six years of part time study in Islamic Seminary in the middle east
· PhD Organisational Analysis
· MSc Industrial Engineering
· BSc Industrial Engineering
· Analysing controversial Ahadith
· Challenging Mizan
Writings: appear as answers to questions on Al-Mawrid and affiliated websites as well as monthly renaissance journal.
· Running regular Qur’an class
· Working on a series of books on understanding Islam for general public
· Preparing researh projects for students of Islam