Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Modern approach of hadith study

Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2011-05-15

PM

Is there any new or modern approach of hadith studies. I have read a few articles about it but could not get the point. Please guide. Thanks.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2011-04-13

PM

What kind of stuff are you looking for?

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2011-07-31

PM

In Appendix IV of Studies of Early Hadith Literature by al-Azami, there appears a very explicit and clear example of this sort, where the copyist has added two lines even before completing the sentences. There is another example of Abu Sa’id, ... Then there was an article by J. Koren and Yahuda D. Nevo from Midereshet Ben Gurion, Israel, (Der Islam 1991) titled “Methodological Approaches to Islamic Studies”. These learned scholars discuss the different .

build muscle fast

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-08-02

PM

Shaykh Iftikhar Zaman, one of today’s most researched scholars in the science of Hadith and yet almost entirely unknown in our community for his expertise in the field, has yet to publish his brilliant PhD thesis on the evolution of a hadith of Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqas that he authored while at the University of Chicago back in the 80′s.

The work is essentially the analysis of one hadith with all its corroboratory paths of transmission. Through this analysis, Dr. Zaman effectively demonstrates that the method of hadith criticism that has been implemented by the muhaddithin for the past thousand years, rooted in the science of rijal,  is far more scientific and exact than modern orientalist approaches.

attract women

Rank

Joined 2011-05-15

PM

Thanks Mr NadineZook. Dr Zaman’s research regarding the science of rijal is very much satisfying and comforting for me. Actually some modern researchers are creating doubts about the established principle of science of rijal.

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2011-08-07

PM

guys so sorry to hijack this post but can u tell me how to start a thread? I am new here and I can’t find a link ANYWHERE - sorry to divert this post but can you help me??

Signature

To say that if you simply question an aspect of Islam makes you an apostate seems absurd to me.

Rank

Joined 2011-05-15

PM

You are absolutely right. Just asking a question, to understand Islam, does not make a person apostate. Special care should be taken, while asking question, that the ‘niaa’ (objective) is to understand Islam and not to ridicule it.
And Allah knows the best.

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2011-08-07

PM

mrashidhai - 07 August 2011 07:50 PM

You are absolutely right. Just asking a question, to understand Islam, does not make a person apostate. Special care should be taken, while asking question, that the ‘niaa’ (objective) is to understand Islam and not to ridicule it.
And Allah knows the best.

haha thanks but can you tell me how to start a thread on this forum?

Signature

To say that if you simply question an aspect of Islam makes you an apostate seems absurd to me.