Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Collection of ahadith by Imam al-Bukhari

Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2011-05-15

PM

It is a well known fact that Imam al-Bukhari took extreme pain and traveled extensively to collect ‘sahih ahadith’. In this regard it is narrated in few books that when Imam traveled to a person, after covering a very long distance, to hear / collect a hadith from him. On arrival Imam found that the person was attracting one of his beasts by falsely showing it some eating material (perhaps grains). On this, the Imam moved back while thinking that as this person is cheating an animal, he is unreliable.

I have three questions in this regard;
i)  How far this narrative is correct, 
ii) What would have been the situation, if Imam might have reached there 5 minutes earlier or 5 minutes late, and
iii) Are not we such people who, while characterizing our religious scholars (Shaikh, Imam), exaggerate beyond imaginations.

It would not be out of place to mention that I am a follower of that Islam that is preserved in Qur’an and Sunnah. May Allah protect me to be disrespectful to any religious person.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2011-04-13

PM

Looks an exaggerated narrative like many other narratives of this kind!

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2011-07-31

PM

Imam al-Bukhari narrates on the authority of Hadrat Abu Hurairah who states, “There was none from among the Companions who narrated the most Ahadith except for Hadrat ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Amr (ibn al-‘As); as he used to record them by writing them down, and I did not do that.” ... Ahadith were compiled using the rigorous of all criterions and rules to accept a report, until the Six Authentic Collections of Ahadith became accepted and popular

build muscle fast

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-12-27

PM

Very good article, thank you!  I think your teachings could help a lot of people over at The Panacea Community.  When you have a chance, we invite you to come and take a look and see how you can help more people with your teachings, and make money doing it.

Spiritual Community

Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2017-07-28

PM

Bukhari’s collection is accepted by the overwhelming majority of the Muslim world to be one of the most authentic collections of the Sunnah of the Prophet (SAW).

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-09-29

PM

Afzal Sheikh Well Said…!!!