Welcome guest, please Login or Register

The Status of Beard In Islam

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2011-05-14

PM

Dear All

Lets Discuss the topic of Beard. Is it mandatory / sunnat / fitrat?

Signature

Aamir Amin

“Always be a Learner”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 128

Joined 2011-04-15

PM

Beard is not a part of religion. Although javed sb. says that it’s part of fitrah but i don’t think it is. I think the scholars of Egypt are correct on this issue that it was a social value and a “Muashrat” of Arab. . .

Signature

Muneeb

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-01-09

PM

salam o alaykom,

but what about hadith, doesnt the last part of it make it obligatroy?

Wassllam,

Mohammad Ali

color=green][color=blue]It is reported in the Tabrani Vol 3 Page 90/9, that Kaiser, the King of Persia, after having read the letter sent by the Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) inviting him to accept the faith of Islaam, ordered his sub-ordinate Bayon (Badhun), the governor of Yemen, to send two persons to bring the RASUL of Islaam before him. Bayan accordingly sent two messengers who according to the fashion of those days were clean shaven and having long moustaches. When they appeared on the scene toward the Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam), he very much disliked the unnatural appearances of those persons and said; “Woe to you, Woe to you. Who ordered you to adopt such appearances? They said; “Our lord Kaiser”. Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) then told them “My Rabb COMMANDED me to lenghten my beard and clip my moustaches”.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-03-09

PM

محمّد علی صاحب یہ کوئی حدیث نہیں ہے اور نہ ہی کسی مستنند حدیث کی کتاب میں اپ کو یہ ملے گی . یہ ایک واقعہ ہے جو ابن کثیر نے طبرانی میں بیان کیا ہے اس واقعہ کی کیا حقیقت ہے راوی کون  تھا ان سب باتوں کا ہمیں علم نہیں اسلئے اس کو نبی پاک(ص) سے جوڑنا صحیح نہیں ہے اور ہمیں ایسے معملے میں احتیاط سے کام لینا چاہیے  ایسی کوئی بات ان سے منسوب نہیں کرنی چاہیے جس کی اچھی طرح تصدیق نہ کرلی جاے

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-05-19

PM

Mohammad Ali -
date="1326211600">

salam o alaykom,

but what about hadith, doesnt the last part of it make it obligatroy?

Wassllam,

Mohammad Ali

color=green][color=blue]It is reported in the Tabrani Vol 3 Page 90/9, that Kaiser, the King of Persia, after having read the letter sent by the Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) inviting him to accept the faith of Islaam, ordered his sub-ordinate Bayon (Badhun), the governor of Yemen, to send two persons to bring the RASUL of Islaam before him. Bayan accordingly sent two messengers who according to the fashion of those days were clean shaven and having long moustaches. When they appeared on the scene toward the Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam), he very much disliked the unnatural appearances of those persons and said; “Woe to you, Woe to you. Who ordered you to adopt such appearances? They said; “Our lord Kaiser”. Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) then told them “My Rabb COMMANDED me to lenghten my beard and clip my moustaches”.

This above quoted reference needs to be confirmed. Becaise King of Persia wasn’t called “Kaiser” . In fact this was title of Roman emperors. So this creates doubts in mind about the reference of the hadeeth been quoted here. It may be and may not be part of Tabrani. Have to dig this some more.
Anyone ?