What is status of hadith in Islam?

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 128

Joined 2011-04-15

PM

AHadeeth provides us the explanation of the verses of Quran , explains us the shariah given by Prophet S.A.W, and tells us about the uswa of Prophet. It’s a historical record of the life of Prophet of Islam.

Signature

Muneeb

Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2011-05-15

PM

Apart from the literal meanings of hadith, it is generally regarded as the recording / compilation of i) the sayings of the Prophet sws, ii) the deeds of the Prophet sws and iii) the silent approval by the Prophet sws of the deeds of Sahaba rta (companions). In common people erroneously consider the deeds of the Prophet sws to be the ‘sunnah’. In fact ‘sunnah’ constitutes the ‘shariah’, meaning the deeds to be obligatory and to be rewarded or punished. Whereas there are other deeds of the Prophets that are not the part of ‘shariah’ and are not obligatory. For example to drink water by right hand is said to be ‘sunnah’ (though it is hadith) if it is done so, it will Inshallah be rewarded, but if it is not done, then there is no accountability.

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2011-08-07

PM

I personally believe that hadith is important but should not be a direct source of shariah because the Quran states it is complete and has given an example for everything.

Therefore in terms of ahadith being used to say that homosexuals, adulterers and apostates are to be killed is invalid to me.

Of course when I say this is my personal opinion I didn’t just randomly decide that - there are many valid scholars who say the same thing and it makes more sense to me. There have been some hadiths that were considered “sahih” originally then changed to weak by later sholars and vice versa

Signature

To say that if you simply question an aspect of Islam makes you an apostate seems absurd to me.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2018-03-02

PM