Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Is Every Sunnah Deen?

Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2011-05-03

PM

I am not a MUFTI nor anyone should be. The only MUFTI in this world as described in Quran is Allah. These MOLVIS (PANDITS) have no place in DEEN of ISLAM. ISLAM is not a religion it is DEEN. Look again at the following verse where Allah is asking Prophet Muhammad to follow the DEEN of Ibrahim:
3:95 قُلْ صَدَقَ اللَّهُ ۗ فَاتَّبِعُوا مِلَّةَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفًا وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ
Say, “Allah has told the truth. So follow the true religion of Abraham, inclining toward truth; and he was not of the polytheists.”

The word “religion” but this word cannot even remotely describe what ISLAM is.
Prophet Muhammad (AS) after knowing that he had been entrusted the responsibilities of Prophethood made his first speech to the people of Makkah and told them that he had come to crush all the idols they used to worship. When he declared this he did not have support of except may be 1 or 2. These idols included not only stones in Kabah but also images and thoughts of ignorance that is why the people of Makkah not only made his life and his companions life miserable in Makkah but followed them time and again to Medina and there were dozens of wars in a period of few years.
What these people were afraid of? They were not afraid of their stones gods being condemned, they were afraid of a change of system Muhammad (AS) had announced. A system of compulsion which we can see all around Pakistan and other Muslim countries as well. This system creates a living hell in which all Pakistanis are living.
This system protects flourishes the ideas completely foreign to ISLAM (Submission to Allah) and tells us that that the religion is the name of (1) going to the mosques and saying prayers without knowing its true meanings, (2) raising garments above ankles for no reasons (3) don’t understand Quran as they will convey it to us (in their own words) by hiding its true meanings (4) tell peole that Rizq is by “taqdeer” (5) and most important that we should not “THINK” and if we did we will lose our faith
All these suggestions are greatly refuted by QURAN. After every few verses Quran says that “use reason” (intelligence). The number of times the word “AQAL” and its synonyms are used in QURAN I would need to write a whole book about that but Dr. Jeffery Lang (Professor of mathematics in University of Kansas who converted to Islam about 30 years ago from an atheist (who do not believe that there is God) just be reading Quran and using his intelligence) has described very beautifully that what is the Purpose of Life. I may or may not be 100% agree with him on everything but there is no doubt that these are about 105 minutes well spent (Search Dr. Jeffery Lang Purpose of Life on youtube). My suggestion which I give to everyone is that of getting information from everywhere but do not agree with anyone unless researching oneself in Quran as the ultimate source of guidance.
Quran defines the “people of understanding” as:

39:18 الَّذِينَ يَسْتَمِعُونَ الْقَوْلَ فَيَتَّبِعُونَ أَحْسَنَهُ ۚ أُولَٰئِكَ الَّذِينَ هَدَاهُمُ اللَّهُ ۖ وَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمْ أُولُو الْأَلْبَابِ
Who listen to speech and follow the best of it. Those are the ones Allah has guided, and those are people of understanding.

Whoever considers anyone as guide other then, Allah appoints a devil as a guide to him/her:
43:36 وَمَن يَعْشُ عَن ذِكْرِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ نُقَيِّضْ لَهُ شَيْطَانًا فَهُوَ لَهُ قَرِينٌ
And whoever is blinded from remembrance of the Most Merciful - We appoint for him a devil, and he is to him a companion.
And whoever keeps in touch with Quran, Satan cannot misguide them:
7:201 إِنَّ الَّذِينَ اتَّقَوْا إِذَا مَسَّهُمْ طَائِفٌ مِّنَ الشَّيْطَانِ تَذَكَّرُوا فَإِذَا هُم مُّبْصِرُونَ
Indeed, those who fear Allah - when an impulse touches them from Satan, they remember [Him] and at once they have insight.

And whoever remembers Allah since ZIKR= Remember Allah = Quran as Quran is mentioned in Quran as ZIKR:
54:22 وَلَقَدْ يَسَّرْنَا الْقُرْآنَ لِلذِّكْرِ فَهَلْ مِن مُّدَّكِرٍ
And We have certainly made the Qur’an easy for remembrance, so is there any who will remember?
Finally Allah tells us in Quran that don’t listen to the decorative speech of these people this is just a test for us:
6:112 وَكَذَٰلِكَ جَعَلْنَا لِكُلِّ نَبِيٍّ عَدُوًّا شَيَاطِينَ الْإِنسِ وَالْجِنِّ يُوحِي بَعْضُهُمْ إِلَىٰ بَعْضٍ زُخْرُفَ الْقَوْلِ غُرُورًا ۚ وَلَوْ شَاءَ رَبُّكَ مَا فَعَلُوهُ ۖ فَذَرْهُمْ وَمَا يَفْتَرُونَ
And thus We have made for every prophet an enemy - devils from mankind and jinn, inspiring to one another decorative speech in misconception. But if your Lord had willed, they would not have done it, so leave them and that which they invent.

Summary: Allah is the Only Guide.
I think that there is absolutely no value in this left/right hand argument
Allah says in Quran:
28:56 إِنَّكَ لَا تَهْدِي مَنْ أَحْبَبْتَ وَلَٰكِنَّ اللَّهَ يَهْدِي مَن يَشَاءُ ۚ وَهُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِالْمُهْتَدِينَ
Indeed, [O Muhammad], you do not guide whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills. And He is most knowing of the [rightly] guided.

Naveed Ul Islam
A humble student of Quran (the Guided Path)

Signature

Naveed Ul Islam
Saint Louis Missouri, USA

Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2011-04-12

PM

“Summary: Allah is the Only Guide.
I think that there is absolutely no value in this left/right hand argument
Allah says in Quran:
28:56 إِنَّكَ لَا تَهْدِي مَنْ أَحْبَبْتَ وَلَٰكِنَّ اللَّهَ يَهْدِي مَن يَشَاءُ ۚ وَهُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِالْمُهْتَدِينَ
Indeed, [O Muhammad], you do not guide whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills. And He is most knowing of the [rightly] guided.”

I agree.

Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2011-05-03

PM

I think that the easy answer to this query was as following:
17:71 يَوْمَ نَدْعُو كُلَّ أُنَاسٍ بِإِمَامِهِمْ ۖ فَمَنْ أُوتِيَ كِتَابَهُ بِيَمِينِهِ فَأُولَٰئِكَ يَقْرَءُونَ كِتَابَهُمْ وَلَا يُظْلَمُونَ فَتِيلًا
[Mention, O Muhammad], the Day We will call forth every people with their record [of deeds]. Then whoever is given his record in his right hand - those will read their records, and injustice will not be done to them, [even] as much as a thread [inside the date seed].
The trilateral root for the word (بِيَمِينِهِ) is yā mīm nūn (ي م ن). It means prosperous or fortunate or lucky (Lane’s lexicon). The word (الْأَيْمَانَ) is also from the same root. The above verse does not use the word which can be translated as “hand” and the word (بِيَمِينِهِ) literally means to the right side.
Therefore it can be said that the “the right hand side” is used in the allegorical terms and it simply means that “the people who will be declared righteous”
There are examples is Quran to verify (only Quran explain Quran the best):
90:17 ثُمَّ كَانَ مِنَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْمَرْحَمَةِ
And then being among those who believed and advised one another to patience and advised one another to compassion.
90:18 أُولَٰئِكَ أَصْحَابُ الْمَيْمَنَةِ
Those are the companions of the right.
90:19 وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا بِآيَاتِنَا هُمْ أَصْحَابُ الْمَشْأَمَةِ
But they who disbelieved in Our signs - those are the companions of the left.
In above verses Allah defined clearly that what are “the people to the right hand side” (أَصْحَابُ الْمَيْمَنَةِ
) and “the people on the right hand side” (أَصْحَابُ الْمَشْأَمَةِ
)
Verse 56:8 confirms the same idea.

Now, where did this idea generated from?
Narrated ‘Umar bin Abi Salama: I was a boy under the care of Allah’s Apostle and my hand used to go around the dish while I was eating. So Allah’s Apostle said to me, ‘O boy! Mention the Name of Allah and eat with your right hand, and eat of the dish what is nearer to you.” Since then I have applied those instructions when eating.
Volume 7, Book 65, Number 288: Sahih Bukhari
Reference: http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/065.sbt.html
There is absolutely no connection in being righteous and eating with right hand. How about the person who does not have the right hand by birth or lost his/her right hand accidently?
Incidentally Allah says in Quran:
25:73 وَالَّذِينَ إِذَا ذُكِّرُوا بِآيَاتِ رَبِّهِمْ لَمْ يَخِرُّوا عَلَيْهَا صُمًّا وَعُمْيَانًا
And those who, when reminded of the verses of their Lord, do not fall upon them deaf and blind.
And very interestingly a verse before the above verse:
25:72 وَالَّذِينَ لَا يَشْهَدُونَ الزُّورَ وَإِذَا مَرُّوا بِاللَّغْوِ مَرُّوا كِرَامًا
And [they are] those who do not testify to falsehood, and when they pass near ill speech, they pass by with dignity.
The word use to denote is “bil-laghwi” which means “baseless talk”
I don’t think I need to comment any more. Do I?

Signature

Naveed Ul Islam
Saint Louis Missouri, USA

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-12-21

PM

Great post! I like this post. It really an important post for Muslims. Thanks for sharing this post.

drug test

Rank

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2011-04-09

PM

Sunnat is itself Deen, and Quran is sent in its perspective.
remember , every act of Nabi Kareem SAW is not Sunnah. Sunnah is only about deen.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-08-11

PM

I thought I would leave my commencing comment. I don’t know what to let it be known except that I have enjoyed reading.

Safety management system

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-09-21

PM

Sunnah need to be defined first so as to understand the concept in its proper perspective. Sunnah does not include every habitual or instinctual act performed by the prophet but it includes only normative acts of the prophet or those advised by the prophet for the followers to adopt.Hence Sunnah of the prophet is an essential part of Deen

Rank

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2011-04-09

PM

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2017-07-28

PM

It is essential that we follow the way of our beloved Prophet(PBUH) in every aspect of our life to get the reward for every action. Whether we eat, drink, sleep, talk, walk, deal with other people, and any other aspect of our life, if we adopt the Sunnah of Prophet(PBUH) we will benefit from the outcome of that action and we will also get reward of following the Sunnah. Adopt them in your daily life and see the benefit.