Welcome guest, please Login or Register

was Quran compiled and collected by the companions after the departure of Muhammad pbuh ?

Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2011-03-13

PM

was Quran compiled and collected by the companions after the departure of Muhammad pbuh ?

Signature

Learner

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 128

Joined 2011-04-15

PM

I think I have read somewhere that it was compiled in the form of the book in the era of Khulfah e Rashideen . . Don’t know confirm.

Signature

Muneeb

Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2011-05-03

PM

Part 1 - The Problem Statement: The real problem is that we have deep misunderstanding due to the prevailing texts and so called knowledge around us.  In the following text I will prove from Quran, Arabic Lexicon and a little bit of common sense that Quran was in fact written by our beloved Prophet (AS) and arranged in perfect order by Allah Himself as well as explained in detail in Quran itself (BEST TAFSEER).
I will be grateful if someone can correct me and I have made a mistake (May Allah Forgive me)

1. Prophet Muhammad (AS) was not Illiterate (OMMI) at all
2. Allah dictated him Quran through Gabriel Himself
3. Quran was arranged in perfect Order by prophet Muhammad (AS) on the direction of Allah (through Gabriel )
4. Complete Quran was available with Hazrat Hifsa (RA) at the time of the death of Prophet
5. Hazrat Usman just copied that Quran and circulated the copies of Quran throughout the world
6. The Quran (as copied from original) is available in Top Kapi museum in Turkey, in Egypt and in Tashkent Russia

Signature

Naveed Ul Islam
Saint Louis Missouri, USA

Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-05-03

PM

Part 2 - was Quran compiled and collected by the companions after the departure of Muhammad pbuh?

Following are the verses of Quran referring to the word “OMMI” in one of its derivative forms where it has been translated as UNLETTERED. This is a grave mistake and a big insult to beloved Prophet Muhammad (AS), Quran and Allah. I also consider it as one of the greatest Devil’s deception. Let us see how?
Quran defines the “ommiyyoona” (Unlettered)
2:78 وَمِنْهُمْ أُمِّيُّونَ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ الْكِتَابَ إِلَّا أَمَانِيَّ وَإِنْ هُمْ إِلَّا يَظُنُّونَ
And among them are unlettered ones who do not know the Scripture except in wishful thinking, but they are only assuming.
In the above verse Allah has clearly specified “ommiyyoon” as the ones who do not know the scripture

In the following verse Quran again distinguishes between the “People who were given the scripture” and “ommiyyoon” (or the people who were not given the scripture)
3:20 فَإِنْ حَاجُّوكَ فَقُلْ أَسْلَمْتُ وَجْهِيَ لِلَّهِ وَمَنِ اتَّبَعَنِ ۗ وَقُل لِّلَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ وَالْأُمِّيِّينَ أَأَسْلَمْتُمْ ۚ فَإِنْ أَسْلَمُوا فَقَدِ اهْتَدَوا ۖ وَّإِن تَوَلَّوْا فَإِنَّمَا عَلَيْكَ الْبَلَاغُ ۗ وَاللَّهُ بَصِيرٌ بِالْعِبَادِ
So if they argue with you, say, “I have submitted myself to Allah [in Islam], and [so have] those who follow me.” And say to those who were given the Scripture and the unlearned, “Have you submitted yourselves?” And if they submit [in Islam], they are rightly guided; but if they turn away - then upon you is only the [duty of] notification. And Allah is Seeing of [His] servants.

Who were these people of scripture around and in the neighborhood of Prophet Muhammad (AS)? These were JEWS who were very proud since they always thought that the largest number of prophets came to them (within themselves). They used to call the people without scripture “ommiyyoon” or illiterate and used to ridicule tribes of Arabs for this reason. Following verse from Quran shows their arrogance towards “ommiyyin” or Arabs since they had no scripture or Al-Kitab:
3:75 وَمِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ مَنْ إِن تَأْمَنْهُ بِقِنطَارٍ يُؤَدِّهِ إِلَيْكَ وَمِنْهُم مَّنْ إِن تَأْمَنْهُ بِدِينَارٍ لَّا يُؤَدِّهِ إِلَيْكَ إِلَّا مَا دُمْتَ عَلَيْهِ قَائِمًا ۗ ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ قَالُوا لَيْسَ عَلَيْنَا فِي الْأُمِّيِّينَ سَبِيلٌ وَيَقُولُونَ عَلَى اللَّهِ الْكَذِبَ وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ
And among the People of the Scripture is he who, if you entrust him with a great amount [of wealth], he will return it to you. And among them is he who, if you entrust him with a [single] silver coin, he will not return it to you unless you are constantly standing over him [demanding it]. That is because they say, “There is no blame upon us concerning the unlearned.” And they speak untruth about Allah while they know [it].

Another example from Quran where Allah is saying that he sent “a prophet who did not know the scripture” who now will recite the verses from the “Last Scripture” (Al-Quran) and will teach them book (Quran) and wisdom (Hikmat- which is the wisdom of allah)
62:2 هُوَ الَّذِي بَعَثَ فِي الْأُمِّيِّينَ رَسُولًا مِّنْهُمْ يَتْلُو عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتِهِ وَيُزَكِّيهِمْ وَيُعَلِّمُهُمُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَإِن كَانُوا مِن قَبْلُ لَفِي ضَلَالٍ مُّبِينٍ
It is He who has sent among the unlettered a Messenger from themselves reciting to them His verses and purifying them and teaching them the Book and wisdom - although they were before in clear error -

Signature

Naveed Ul Islam

Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-05-03

PM

Part 3 - was Quran compiled and collected by the companions after the departure of Muhammad pbuh ?
The following verse should also read “a messenger who was among those who were not given the scripture” instead of “Unlettered” as translated by most of the so called Quran translators who did not use their brain at all.
7:157 الَّذِينَ يَتَّبِعُونَ الرَّسُولَ النَّبِيَّ الْأُمِّيَّ الَّذِي يَجِدُونَهُ مَكْتُوبًا عِندَهُمْ فِي التَّوْرَاةِ وَالْإِنجِيلِ يَأْمُرُهُم بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَيَنْهَاهُمْ عَنِ الْمُنكَرِ وَيُحِلُّ لَهُمُ الطَّيِّبَاتِ وَيُحَرِّمُ عَلَيْهِمُ الْخَبَائِثَ وَيَضَعُ عَنْهُمْ إِصْرَهُمْ وَالْأَغْلَالَ الَّتِي كَانَتْ عَلَيْهِمْ ۚ فَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا بِهِ وَعَزَّرُوهُ وَنَصَرُوهُ وَاتَّبَعُوا النُّورَ الَّذِي أُنزِلَ مَعَهُ ۙ أُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ
Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful.

In the following three verses Quran is responding other people upon the allegation that Muhammad (AS) had invented the Quran. Note that how Allah commands his prophet that tell them that it has been revealed from the by Him whose knowledge encompasses all the heavens and the earth but does not say that it was not written by the prophet. One of the most important aspects of Quran is that it confirms earlier scriptures and at the same time it corrects their errors.
25:4 وَقَالَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا إِنْ هَٰذَا إِلَّا إِفْكٌ افْتَرَاهُ وَأَعَانَهُ عَلَيْهِ قَوْمٌ آخَرُونَ ۖ فَقَدْ جَاءُوا ظُلْمًا وَزُورًا
And those who disbelieve say, “This [Qur’an] is not except a falsehood he invented, and another people assisted him in it.” But they have committed an injustice and a lie.
25:5 وَقَالُوا أَسَاطِيرُ الْأَوَّلِينَ اكْتَتَبَهَا فَهِيَ تُمْلَىٰ عَلَيْهِ بُكْرَةً وَأَصِيلًا
And they say, “Legends of the former peoples which he has written down, and they are dictated to him morning and afternoon.”
25:6 قُلْ أَنزَلَهُ الَّذِي يَعْلَمُ السِّرَّ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ ۚ إِنَّهُ كَانَ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا
Say, [O Muhammad], “It has been revealed by He who knows [every] secret within the heavens and the earth. Indeed, He is ever Forgiving and Merciful.”

Finally just look at the irrefutable evidence from Quran when Allah addresses the Prophet Muhammad (AS) that he did not read the scripture before the Book (Al-Quran) was revealed to him:
29:48 وَمَا كُنتَ تَتْلُو مِن قَبْلِهِ مِن كِتَابٍ وَلَا تَخُطُّهُ بِيَمِينِكَ ۖ إِذًا لَّارْتَابَ الْمُبْطِلُونَ
And you did not recite before it any scripture, nor did you inscribe one with your right hand. Otherwise the falsifiers would have had [cause for] doubt.

If we now keep in mind the meanings of “ommiyyoon” the above verse simply strengthens the same argument that Muhammad (AS) did not read the scripture before the Quran and that is why he should not be blamed for getting to know the “أَسَاطِيرُ الْأَوَّلِينَ” or the tales of the earlier people as described in Quran.

Signature

Naveed Ul Islam

Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-05-03

PM

Part 4: was Quran compiled and collected by the companions after the departure of Muhammad pbuh?

Proof from World’s most authentic Lexicon of Arabic written by Edward William Lane (he was a westerner but much better than the biased and foolish translators of Quran. He took 30 years to compile this outstanding lexicon of Arabic) who did not hide the truth. He translates “OMMI” as follows:
[meaning A Gentile, as distinguished from Israelite: or accord. to most of his followers illiterate;]
Just notice that he clearly states that this word means “Gentile or non-Israelite” but his followers consider him illiterate. Shame on all of us MUSLIMS his so called followers who claim that he is their beloved prophet and still pronounce him “illiterate”. I have also been in the same utter foolishness until very recently (May allah forgive us).
Reference: http://www.tyndalearchive.com/tabs/lane/

Another Eye Opening set of verses from Quran:
Allah is addressing to Muhammad (AS) (through Gabriel) in the verse # 1 that “Read in the name of your RAB who created” and in the verse 3 again “Read and your RAB is most generous” and then in verse 4 that “It is He who taught by the pen”. I had on my stupid brain a dumbness which was primarily due to the fabricated hadith that is described in our classical religious literature and I believed all of that without investigating? We as a nation have stopped thinking and that is why Allah who asks again and again to use our intelligence and even don’t follow Quran blindly without using reason has dropped us in the deepest chasms of deprivation of knowledge (25:30 وَقَالَ الرَّسُولُ يَا رَبِّ إِنَّ قَوْمِي اتَّخَذُوا هَٰذَا الْقُرْآنَ مَهْجُورًا
AND (on the Day of Judgment) the Apostle (Prophet Muhammad) will say: “0 my Sustainer! Behold, my people have come to regard this Qur’an as something discarded)

96:1
اقْرَأْ بِاسْمِ رَبِّكَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ
Recite in the name of your Lord who created -
96:2
خَلَقَ الْإِنسَانَ مِنْ عَلَقٍ
Created man from a clinging substance.
96:3
اقْرَأْ وَرَبُّكَ الْأَكْرَمُ
Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous -
96:4 الَّذِي عَلَّمَ بِالْقَلَمِ
Who taught by the pen -
96:5
عَلَّمَ الْإِنسَانَ مَا لَمْ يَعْلَمْ
Taught man that which he knew not

Signature

Naveed Ul Islam

Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-05-03

PM

Part 5: was Quran compiled and collected by the companions after the departure of Muhammad pbuh?

Allah says in Quran that He Himself is responsible for its collection (Indeed, upon Us is its collection and its recitation), its perfect arrangement (So when We have recited it, then follow its recitation) and its explanation (Then, indeed upon Us is its explanation:
75:17 إِنَّ عَلَيْنَا جَمْعَهُ وَقُرْآنَهُ
Indeed, upon Us is its collection and its recitation.
75:18 فَإِذَا قَرَأْنَاهُ فَاتَّبِعْ قُرْآنَهُ
So when We have recited it, then follow its recitation.
75:19 ثُمَّ إِنَّ عَلَيْنَا بَيَانَهُ
Then, indeed upon Us is its explanation

Quran further states that it is by itself the best TAFSEER. Who is going to deny this verse?
If someone does not understand that why Quran is a BEST TAFSEER by itself then one should blame oneself as one has not seen the Quran as a whole big picture and is buried under the heavy load of traditions meant to distort the meanings of Quran

25:33 وَلَا يَأْتُونَكَ بِمَثَلٍ إِلَّا جِئْنَاكَ بِالْحَقِّ وَأَحْسَنَ تَفْسِيرًا
And they do not come to you with an argument except that We bring you the truth and the BEST TAFSEER.
Please notice the word (وَأَحْسَنَ تَفْسِيرًا) BEST TAFSEER
This article is getting longer and longer though I have a lot to write but I believe that I have proven beyond any doubt through Quran that Quran is collected, saved, recited, and explained by Allah Himself that is why this divine wisdom is everlasting GUIDANCE till the Day of Judgment

Signature

Naveed Ul Islam