Welcome guest, please Login or Register

RUJOO in Khulaa after the death of husband?

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2011-08-08

PM

Dear Sir,
We have a dire matter of confusion on our hands. Recently a relative (supposed names ) Marium,filed for khula from her husband Hamid.The reason was that he was a horrible man and didnt provide for her financially, he was crazy and even though Mariums parents wanted thier daughter to make peace , she went herself and filed for khula,it was accepted in court and she already had two successful hearings.(she brought her two children boy 5 and girl 2 yrs old with her)they were telling everyone how horrible Hamid was and how lucky they were to get their beautiful daughter rid of him…....
      now suddenly, right before her last court hearing Hamid died of brain tumor.

Interestingly, Marium and her family suddenly granted her the widowhood and getting everyones sympathy.
I have two questions,
1.Can a woman rujoo after the death of the husband ?
2. What is the status of inheritance for marium if she is considered divorced or if she is considered widowed?

please help us as everyone is bringing different fatwas etc., in which i do not see a logical sense.

Rank

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2011-02-08

PM

Socially, the woman may not have a rightful claim to sympathies. However, from a legal standpoint, and for the purpose of inheritance, the marriage contract holds in the absence of a valid decision from a court of law. The woman is entitled to inheritance if the Judge has not announced his/her verdict.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2018-03-02

PM

I think you should search this on google , you will get better answers

Signature