Essence of Zakah?

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2011-04-13

PM

What is the essence of Zakah? Why do we pay Zakah?

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 128

Joined 2011-04-15

PM

As the main objective of Islam is “Tazkia-e-Nafs” , hence God wants us to purify us from the love of wealth too , and therefore he asks us to give from which he had given us. And ensures us that your zakat and infaaq would not go in vain. .

Signature

Muneeb

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2011-04-13

PM

Is there any evidence that people before Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) paid Zakah?

Rank

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2011-04-17

PM

@ Aslam Mir:

1. In Surah Maryam Quran tells us at verse 55

And make a mention in this Book of Ismail: he was true to his promise and was a Messenger Prophet. He enjoined his people to offer Salat and give Zakat, and his Lord was well pleased with him.

2. In Surah Baqarah Quran tell at Verse 83

Remember that We made a solemn covenant with the children of Israel to this effect: worship none save Allah: be good to your parents, to your relatives, to the orphans and to the helpless; speak aright with the people: establish the Salat and pay the Zakat. But with the exception of a few, you all slid back from it and are paying no heed to it even now.

3. In Surah Al Mayeda Quran tells at verse 13

Allah had bound the Israelites by a solemn covenant, and appointed twelve supervisors from among them and said, “I am with you; if you establish the Salat, pay the Zakat and believe in My Messengers.

4. In Surah Al Anbiya Quran tells at verse 73

We appointed them leaders who guided others by Our Command. We also enjoined them by Revelation to do righteous deeds and establish Salat and pay Zakat dues, and they all worshiped Us.66

5. In Surah Maryam, Quran tells at verse 30, 31 about Syedina Eesa (Jesus Christ):

Whereupon the child spoke out, “I am a servant of Allah: He has given me the Book and He has appointed me a Prophet, and He has made me blessed wherever I may be. He has enjoined upon me to offer Salat and give Zakat so long as I shall live.

Signature

Malik Faisal Aslam

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2018-03-02

PM

I think for better answer search on google

Signature