Music and Islam?

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2011-04-13

PM

Here are the verses LUQMAN(31) 1—-7:الٓمٓ (١) تِلۡكَ ءَايَـٰتُ ٱلۡكِتَـٰبِ ٱلۡحَكِيمِ (٢) هُدً۬ى وَرَحۡمَةً۬ لِّلۡمُحۡسِنِينَ (٣) ٱلَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ ٱلصَّلَوٰةَ وَيُؤۡتُونَ ٱلزَّكَوٰةَ وَهُم بِٱلۡأَخِرَةِ هُمۡ يُوقِنُونَ (٤) أُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ عَلَىٰ هُدً۬ى مِّن رَّبِّهِمۡ‌ۖ وَأُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ هُمُ ٱلۡمُفۡلِحُونَ (٥) وَمِنَ ٱلنَّاسِ مَن يَشۡتَرِى لَهۡوَ ٱلۡحَدِيثِ لِيُضِلَّ عَن سَبِيلِ ٱللَّهِ بِغَيۡرِ عِلۡمٍ۬ وَيَتَّخِذَهَا هُزُوًا‌ۚ أُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ لَهُمۡ عَذَابٌ۬ مُّهِينٌ۬ (٦) وَإِذَا تُتۡلَىٰ عَلَيۡهِ ءَايَـٰتُنَا وَلَّىٰ مُسۡتَڪۡبِرً۬ا كَأَن لَّمۡ يَسۡمَعۡهَا كَأَنَّ فِىٓ أُذُنَيۡهِ وَقۡرً۬ا‌ۖ فَبَشِّرۡهُ بِعَذَابٍ أَلِيمٍ (٧)
If seen in the proper context, I wonder how can one RESTRICT it to music? Plz Mark words لِيُضِلَّ عَن سَبِيلِ ٱللَّهِ بِغَيۡرِ عِلۡمٍ۬ وَيَتَّخِذَهَا هُزُوًا‌ۚ It means that they used various means(it might have also music)  to deflect people,s attention from the verses of the Quran,mentioned in the previous verses.

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2011-05-14

PM

So it means that Singing was use as ONE of the means to deflect people’s attention from the verses and preaching of Quran. i guess various Ahadith such as the following [1] also refer to the same fact that singing and listening to song was used as one of the ways to distract people of from Quran. and today if anyone uses Music or any other thing to distract people from Allah’s way then that moment that thing will be haram ofcourse. Secondly, if some one spends all his time to listen music or in any other activity, then that we will ask such a person to maintain a balance. Guide me if my conclusion is wrong?

Let us move to the other verse mentioned on the web site.

“And Istafiz [literally means: befool them gradually] those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and other call for Allah’s disobedience)” Al-Isra 17:64

Aslam bhai, please comment on this verse also and explain it within the context. I guess we should analyze the verses of Quran, presented for the prohibition of music, before moving to Ahadith.

[1]
“Ibn Masood (ra) said about this verse “I swear by the One other than Whom there is no God that it refers to singing [ghinaa].”, and he repeated this three times. Ibn Abbaas (ra) said it refered to ‘singing and the like’ while Jaabir (ra) is reported to view its meaning to signify singing and listening to songs. Many taabi’oon such as Mujaahid, Ikrimah, Mak-hool and Umar ibn Shu’ayb viewed it as a censure of music and song.

Hadith - Bukhari (#787)  [Also related by Tabari] Sa’id ibn Jbayr reported that Ibn ‘Abbas said about the verse:  “And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks” (31:6), that, “ldle talks means singing and the like.”

Signature

Aamir Amin

“Always be a Learner”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2011-04-13

PM

إِذۡ قُلۡنَا لِلۡمَلَـٰٓٮِٕڪَةِ ٱسۡجُدُواْ لِأَدَمَ فَسَجَدُوٓاْ إِلَّآ إِبۡلِيسَ قَالَ ءَأَسۡجُدُ لِمَنۡ خَلَقۡتَ طِينً۬ا (٦١) قَالَ أَرَءَيۡتَكَ هَـٰذَا ٱلَّذِى ڪَرَّمۡتَ عَلَىَّ لَٮِٕنۡ أَخَّرۡتَنِ إِلَىٰ يَوۡمِ ٱلۡقِيَـٰمَةِ لَأَحۡتَنِكَنَّ ذُرِّيَّتَهُ ۥۤ إِلَّا قَلِيلاً۬ (٦٢) قَالَ ٱذۡهَبۡ فَمَن تَبِعَكَ مِنۡهُمۡ فَإِنَّ جَهَنَّمَ جَزَآؤُكُمۡ جَزَآءً۬ مَّوۡفُورً۬ا (٦٣) وَٱسۡتَفۡزِزۡ مَنِ ٱسۡتَطَعۡتَ مِنۡہُم بِصَوۡتِكَ وَأَجۡلِبۡ عَلَيۡہِم بِخَيۡلِكَ وَرَجِلِكَ وَشَارِكۡهُمۡ فِى ٱلۡأَمۡوَٲلِ وَٱلۡأَوۡلَـٰدِ وَعِدۡهُمۡ‌ۚ وَمَا يَعِدُهُمُ ٱلشَّيۡطَـٰنُ إِلَّا غُرُورًا (٦٤
The above verses 17:61—64,if seen in the proper context, amply shows that the referred verse 17:64 alludes to the wiles, propaganda and enticements of Satan through which Stan may beguile people into Shirk and disobedience to Allah. It may also sometimes include music!

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2018-08-30

PM

in mafia city it’s thankfully a case of just killing the creature the armour set belongs to to get what you need.